Joanne Barker – Owner of The Fabric Bug
1. Personal information I collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, contact phone number, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
I also collect any personal data that you give by consent, for example messaging me or commenting on posts, on social media platforms. This information is processed with your consent, which may be withdrawn at any time, and used to fulfil orders that you place, or keep you informed on products that may be of interest.
2. The legal bases I rely on to collect, use, and share personal information
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
3. The third parties with whom I share personal information
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, examples include delivery companies, Paypal, Google analytics, QBD (my website host). I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4. Contractors or employees.
Currently this is limited to the website development company (QBD), Solutions for Accounting Ltd (providing IT Support) on a contract basis and 2 voluntary staff. The contractors will not have cause to use your data, but may view it when improving the customer order process/resolving any website issues. My employees, will have access to your personal details for purposes of processing your order.
5. The length of time I keep personal information
5. If transferring personal information outside of Europe, how the transfer will be handled
Personal information will be transferred outside of Europe if you are a customer in a country that is not within Europe. Information shared then will done so for purposes of delivering your item to you and will be provided to the courier company.
Should any third parties I may engage, transfer data to data centres outside of the UK this will not be within my control and I will not be liable for their actions. Processing data by third parties will be the responsibility of the third party.
Your rights regarding my use of your personal information and my contact details
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Joanne Barker, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, simply call us on 07966 139630 or write to us at:
The Fabric Bug
Sherwood Art and Craft Centre